Banana Muffins for a Happier Morning
Scratch Banana Muffins are a welcomed morning treat in under an hour.
The sight of the bananas growing older on the counter felt like an urgent cry for help. Maybe I was projecting, but I knew I had to create something of value from the softening, browning cluster. This is arguably the moistest, densest banana rebirth I've ever tasted. Add nuts, chocolate chips, cinnamon as your heart desires, but know this is heaven even in its simplest form, and fills your house with the delicious smell of cozy comfort.
Easy Banana Muffins
- 3-4 browning bananas
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Nuts or Chocolate Chips (optional)
- Paper Liner Cups
- Muffin Pan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, place a rack in the center of the oven, and line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- Melt the butter in a microwave or low heat in a saucepan on the stove.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a medium sized mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl, and whisk until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add milk and vanilla, whisking until well combined.
- Peel and mash the bananas into the batter with a fork, until they're as smooth or lumpy as you like.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and using a spatula, gently fold the dry ingredients in until you can't see any more dry flour.
- Add chocolate or nuts if desired.
- Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, muffins will be done when a toothpick or knife blade inserted in the center comes out clean.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.