Hauntingly Delicious Chicken with White Beans & Tomatoes
Here's a meal that will haunt you with its flavors, takes 15 minutes of prep, an hour in the oven, and never fails to please a crowd. Seriously, one of the easiest, tastiest recipes in our arsenal.
It's a one pot dish, with white beans, cherry tomatoes, garlic, chicken, and a ton of basil. It's versatile, though- skip the chicken for a vegetarian option, change the basil to whatever fresh herbs you have a lot of, use any beans you have, put it in the oven and fill your home with the tantalizing scent of roasting tomatoes and garlic.
Chicken and White Beans with Basil
- 1 package chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes
- 2 16 oz. cans of cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large bunch of basil, leaves and stems chopped (use the stems- they add amazing flavor!)
- 6 large cloves of garlic, peeled, and cut in half if desired
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons dried red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt & Pepper
This dish takes a quick 15 minutes to assemble, then an hour in the oven unattended.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, position a rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large baking dish, combine cherry tomatoes, rinsed and drained beans, chopped basil, garlic cloves, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with olive oil, reserving 2 tablespoons to brush the chicken thighs, and toss well to combine.
- Brush chicken thighs with remaining olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Level the vegetables in the baking dish and place the chicken thighs in a single layer on top of the vegetables, skin side up. Nestle them down in the pan, leaving the skin exposed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to an hour, checking occasionally to stir the vegetables gently to spread the juices.
- If you prefer crispy skin, turn the broiler on and run the dish under the broiler for a minute or two.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.